Biographical entry Joseph, Robert Ellis (c. 1845 - 1902)
- c. 1845
Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales
- 23 April 1902
East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Electrical engineer and Engineer
Robert Joseph was an assistant to Professor Kernot at the University of Melbourne, before joining the Victorian Corps of Engineers (1877-1899). He became an expert in submarine mining and was later appointed managing Director of the Australian Electric Light Co.
- 1877 - 1879
- Career position - Lieutenant in the Victorian Corps of Engineers
- 1889 - ?
- Career position - Major with the Victorian Corps of Engineers
- Life event - Retired as Lieutenant-colonel from the Victorian Corps of Engineers
- 'Joseph, R E (1845-1902)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-483138. Details
- 'Joseph, Robert E.', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001712p.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 23 July 2019
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education