Biographical entry Ashby, Alison Marjorie (1901 - 1987)
South Australia, Australia
- Botanical artist and Botanical collector
Alison Ashby, the daughter of Edwin Ashby of the Wittunga garden, Adelaide, painted water colours of many hundreds of Australian flowers.
Painted water colours of many hundreds of Australian flowers. The originals are now housed in the South Australian State Herbarium and more than 200 have been published as postcards.
Private hands (Robertson, E.L.)
- Alison Marjorie Ashby - Records, 1901 - 1987; Private hands (Robertson, E.L.). Details
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
- Robertson, Enid, 'Ashby, Alison Marjorie (1901-1987), Botanical Artist and Plant Collector', in Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 17, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2007, p. 35. Also available at http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/ashby-alison-marjorie-12151. Details
- Corrick, M. G., 'Alison M. Ashby, 1975. Australian Natural History Medallionist', Victorian Naturalist, vol. 93, no. 3, 1976, pp. 95-97. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 26 March 2007
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education