Browse Entries

Corporate entry South Australian Museum (1940 - )

From
1940
Functions
Museum
Website
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/

Summary

The South Australian Museum was originally part of the South Australian Institute, a body that served as a public library, museum and art gallery from 1856 until 1940 when each institution was granted autonomy.

Timeline

 1856 - 1940 The South Australian Institute
       1940 - South Australian Museum

Related People

Published resources

Journal Articles

  • Anon, 'Changing of the guard in mineralogy at the South Australian Museum', Australian Journal of Mineralogy, vol. 17, no. 2, 2015, pp. 58-60. Details
  • Craig, B., '"Scenes hidden from other eyes" - Theodore Bevan's collection from the Gulf of Papua in the South Australian Museum', The Artefact, vol. 33, 2010, pp. 30-48. Details
  • Hale, H. M., 'The First Hundred Years of the Museum, 1856-1956', Records of the South Australian Museum, vol. 12, 1956, pp. 1-225. Details
  • King, John K., '1856 and All That: Recent History of the South Australian Museum, Part 4', Friends of the South Australian Museum, vol. 19, no. 2, 1987, pp. 3-9. Details
  • Ling, John K., '1856 and All That: Recent History of the South Australian Museum: Part 2: 1956-1966', Friends of the South Australian Museum, vol. 17, no. 2, 1986, pp. 3-7. Details
  • Ling, John K., '1856 and All That: Recent History of the South Australian Museum: Part 3: 1967-1976', Friends of the South Australian Museum, vol. 28, no. 1, 1987, pp. 3-9. Details
  • Pring, A., 'The mineral collections of the South Australian Museum', Australian Journal of Mineralogy, vol. 6, 2000, pp. 59-70. Details
  • Ziedler, W., 'The Flora and Fauna of South Australia Handbooks Committee: 10 March 1921 - 30 October 2001', Records of the South Australian Museum, vol. 35, 2002, pp. 91-6. Details

Elizabeth Daniels