Corporate entry Australian Patent Office (1904 - 1993)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
The Australian Patent Office was established in Melbourne in 1904 as the government agency responsible for patent registration and rights. In the years to follow, the office also took responsibility for trade marks and designs systems. By 1933 the office had moved a small number of staff to the newly formed federal capital, Canberra. In 1993 it became a division of IP Australia.
1904 - 1993 Australian Patent Office
1998 - IP Australia
Created: 11 May 2016, Last modified: 19 October 2016