Biographical entry East, Lewis Ronald (1899 - 1994)
- 17 June 1899
Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia
- 9 March 1994
Mount Waverley, Victoria, Australia
- Engineer and Water supply expert
Ronald East was an engineer with the Victorian State Rivers and Water Supply Commission 1922-1934, a Commissioner from 1934 and then Chairman from 1936. He was a member of the Snowy River Committee 1948-1949.
- Award - Kernot Memorial Medal, for distinguished engineering achievement in Australia. Faculty of Engineering, University of Melbourne
- 3 June 1951
- Award - Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE). Chairman - Victoria Water Supply Commission.
- 1 January 1966
- Award - Knight Bachelor (KtB). Chairman - Victoria Water Supply Commission.
State Library of Victoria, Australian Manuscripts Collection
- Lewis Ronald East - Records, 1967 - 1979, MS 8178, MS 10611; State Library of Victoria, Australian Manuscripts Collection. Details
- East, Ronald, 'Checchi, Ettore (1853-1946), engineer' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, Bede Nairn and Geoffrey Serle, eds, vol. 7 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1979), p. 628. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A070635b.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 23 July 2019
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education