Corporate entry Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Foundation (1959 - )
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Funding Source or Body
- Alternative Names
- ATSE Clunies Ross Foundation (Now known as)
- Melbourne, Victoria
The Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Foundation was established in 1959, after the death of Sir Ian Clunies Ross, Chairman of the CSIRO from 1949 to 1959. The Foundation's mission is "To advance science, its communication and application to best benefit a developing Australia and the challenges of our global environment".
From their Web site 2001-11-23, "The Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Foundation was established in 1959 to perpetuate the memory of Sir Ian Clunies Ross and to follow his example, by such measures as were judged appropriate from time to time, to further the development of science and technology in Australia's beneficial interest."
The Foundation is now known as the ATSE Clunies Ross Foundation.
National Library of Australia
- Papers of Graeme M. Clark, 1944-2012 [manuscript], 1944 - 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.cat-vn316678; National Library of Australia. Details
The University of Melbourne Archives
- Department of Otolaryngology - Bionic Ear Records, 1949 - 2000; The University of Melbourne Archives. Details
- Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Foundation - Records, 1942 - 1978, 78/96; The University of Melbourne Archives. Details
- Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Foundation - Records, 1969 - 1972, 81/144; The University of Melbourne Archives. Details
Created: 22 November 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects